Saturday, January 3, 2009

Never say Never!


Yes, I was one of those who said, "I will never have a minivan no matter how many kids I have". Well, I was wrong. Up until about 3 months ago, I was totally against ever owning something "so culturally unacceptable" especially at my age. Well, making trips to Lufkin and wherever else with diaper bags, carseats, luggage, gifts, strollers, pack n play, etc........I was about to go crazy not having enough space in the equinox. The more I joked about having the mv, the more I started wanting one. I hated that I even "wanted" one. Then it really grew on me and we started seriously looking at them. Then I rolled Justin's truck and now Justin jokes that it was a conspiracy to buy the mv. Well, I must admit, I absolutely LOVE it! Everytime we go somewhere in it, Jackson says, "I love this minivan". He's been telling random people about how much he loves this minivan like the cashiers at Target, people in ChickfilA, you know, the places us Mom's go during the week. So, I've decided that it's time to "bring the minivan back". My husband says, I should say, "it's time to make the minivan cool, because the minivan was never here". My friend Julie said they are coming back and her husband responded with, "no, we're just getting older." I like to think I'm still cool in the mv;) ...........Kouba's, you're going to love it!!!

7 comments:

Coby and Sally said...

Amen! :) Melissa, I said I would NEVER drive a minivan and we are looking to buy one in the very near future. You and I can be cool together! :)

Hillary Kouba said...

Funny thing...the one we were going to buy today ended up not being in the best condition when Chris had our mechanic look it over. Chris was just ready to be done with this car searching business when one of the honda dealers we had been in contact with called and they just got a white with tan leather (same as the other one) in this morning...Chris drove straight there and just called as he was leaving to say he bought it! I guess it was meant for us to buy a minivan too! I haven't even seen it yet!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you look super cool in the van. Thanks for making it okay for us to all secretly want one.

The Cobbs said...

Can I just say, Welcome to the club! It's about time more of you all start driving mini vans:) We're going to bring MVs back!

Rogers Family said...

You know we will ALL have one soon. Everyone tell me that it will be my next car and I am sure it will be. Enjoy!!!!!!

Ashley Hall said...

Hilarious! I do think the MV is on a comeback! Hey- we need to get together! We love seeing yall at church every week. Maybe we can have a playdate soon.

Nat Pat said...

i am a believer in the minivan! ours finally died and we are sharing josh's trailblazer right now saving up for another one. and i miss it! it's just the most practical thing with kids. i think you can still be a cute mom driving a minivan!!!