Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's not just a plain white cake


It's the beginning of a new, fun hobby and hopefully an investment in many birthday cakes to come;) I started a cake decorating class with my sister in law, Brooke and her friend Kelly last week. It's so much fun! I will say, a lot went into making this simple looking cake. I'm supposed to take this cake to class tomorrow and we will learn how to start decorating our cakes. What you see is what we learned to do last week.

Jackson can't wait to eat everything I'm making. He's already asking me if I can make dinosaur cakes and other crazy, advanced ideas that will take me some time to actually learn. Yes, I have to make a cake every week for 4 weeks. Anyone is welcome to my practice cakes. We don't need cake hanging around here, because I WILL eat it if it's there. They may look funky, but they should taste pretty good;)

2 comments:

Jenna said...

SO fun! Can't wait to see the next step of the cake! :)

The Henrie Family said...

I can't wait to see more cakes from your kitchen.