Monday, July 14, 2008

My Little Missionary in Training


So Justin is getting ready for a medical mission trip to Guatemala next week with the young marrieds in our church. I know what you're thinking and no, Justin will not be performing any medical procedures on any Guatemalans, only a video camera. He will be, however, building stoves for people who live there and need them as their way of living and working. Anyway, Justin had to leave this afternoon to go video and help with packing tubs of medical supplies with the Serving Him group to prepare for their trip. Jackson asked where Daddy was going and I proceeded to explain that Justin was going to a place called Guatemala where he was going to tell people about Jesus and he needed to go and help get ready for his trip. Jackson replied, "I want to go with Daddy and see Jesus." My heart melted.

Be praying for Justin and the Prestonwood young marrieds as they leave Sunday for their trip. Jackson, Kate and I will be going to Lufkin to stay with my parents while taking a little mini vacation to Galveston. I'm sad Justin won't be there, but we look forward to seeing him when he gets home and hearing what he accomplished!

2 comments:

Karah said...

Call Todd and I when your in town. We would love to see you and the kiddos. Ill be praying for Justin that he has a safe and amazing trip.

the Hunts said...

That is so awesome....I will be praying for Justin this week. How are you?