Wednesday, March 3, 2010

13.1

13.1 is the amount of miles I have committed to run with Justin and our friends the Russes on May 2nd! Wow! I never in my life thought I would run more than maybe 3 miles at a time. I've done a couple of 5k's in my life, but always thought that was "enough". Well, another friend of mine has been training for a half marathon and has motivated me to do this. We're in week 2 of training and I'm totally pumped and can't wait for the actual race. Now I'm not into getting across the finish line in record time or anything, but I am going to cross the finish line!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

You CAN totally do it! We're on week 8 - less than 2 weeks to go. Yay!

the Hunts said...

YAY !!! I am running in mine next weekend....You are going to love training with a purpose. It's so much fun. I have the same shoes and love them

Hodges' Happenings said...

I am so proud of you Melissa! And yes, you will make it to the finish line!!!